BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a CL-5 open face in xs and it fits her well. She wants a closed face but we cannot find any HJCs in xs locally.

Does anybody know if the CL-14 or the AC-11 in xs should fit the same as the open face helmet?

Our criteria for a closed face for her is safety, comfort, quiet and ability to install a J&M headset easily.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Can't say specifically about the CL 14, but we just exchanged CL 5's, small and large, for CL Max's in the same size. Fit exactly the same. My wife tried the XS and it was way too small. So the HJC's seem to hold size.

Good Luck

·
Registered
938 Posts
Hjc

I ride with a Symax and have for 4 years. It is a great helmet. And, it converts from a full face to a open face.

If she uses it mostly for an open face, I see no problem with that. Then on a cold morning, or day, it might be handy for her to have the functionality of a full face.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had an XL CL14 that fit great, but tried on a SyMax in the same size and it was much smaller.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
SyMax & Full Face HJC

Have riden with an XL Symax for four years. Replaced it this week end with a new HJC full face size Med. Both helmets feel about the same. There has been some loosening in the Symax due to use, but the medium full face fits very well!

carl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts