BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting home yesterday and two deer ran in front of me...swerved and missed the first but nailed the second one in rear quarter. Didn't lose the bike and was able to keep the bike vertical, thank God. However, need a front fender and the right side tupperware. It's an '03 anthracite. Hoping someone out there has some they'd like to part with.

Reid

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Reid, try beemer bone yard, ltparts.com, ebay, cyclesrecycled.com, you might have to get a part painted but thats the least of it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Glad to hear you came out of this ok! Wow!

EBay has some body parts. Not sure if they're in your color, but worth a check.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys...will check those out.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Glad to hear you're OK. Sure would be nice if the conservation depts. would increase the harvest on those horned rats.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Glad to hear you are OK Reid! What a frightening experience! Since joining this forum I have read of a number of pucker factor 10 deer strikes with an LT. One thing seems to be consistent. The bike seems to stay on its feet which gives the rider a fighting chance of coming through the ordeal shaken, I'm sure, but unharmed.

Maybe a half ton + of bike and rider makes the difference.

Anyone hit one this year and had the bike go down?

Loren

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
I was riding home Monday afternoon and noticed a large deer with no head on the side of the road. About half a mile down the road was a minivan with a crumpled grill and hood. It was at least an 8 pointer. I guess the guy figured he deserved the antlers............... :histerica

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
rattler50 said:
I was riding home Monday afternoon and noticed a large deer with no head on the side of the road. About half a mile down the road was a minivan with a crumpled grill and hood. It was at least an 8 pointer. I guess the guy figured he deserved the antlers............... :histerica
Now that is some funny stuff! What does Dad tell his six year old when he gets back to the family truckster after sawing the head off of Bambi with a plastic knife from Wendy's????? :wow:

There is an avatar "awarded" to 4 percenters, why not a special avatar for those who have had the misfortune of a deer strike. Maybe a rack and partial cape mounted between the headlight and windshield?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Congratulations on surviving. I hit one dead center in Idaho in September. I was doing 60 bike kept going, stayed upright. Lost both RVMs and smashed headlights. Replaced mirrors and lights in Misoula, Montana then put bike in hospital in Long Beach, Cal when I got back. Stayed there for 7 weeks while the dealer sent to Germany for the tupperware, then had to have them painted. This was way too expensive. Should have looked elsewhere but too late now. Spend and learn.
Bike survival was fantastic, no damage to operations at all. No damage to me, either. '03 with 17K on it. Put 3K on the trip. Loved every minute of it (except for about 4 seconds, hitting deer and then coming to a controlled stop).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Reid-

Glad to hear you are ok with your Bambi encounter. I have both upper fairings for sale under the classifieds.They are Basalt Grey but they are in mint condition. They could be painted to match your bike. Good luck and get back on the road.

GOGRIZZ :wave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts