BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been really enjoying this mini-series on the History channel. Mark Burnett and his wife Roma have done an excellent job. I only wish they could have had two or three more episodes.

They timed the final installment for today, Easter Sunday.

Greg

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Thanks for the review, I plan on watching it, i was out of town and unable to see it, gotta love the dvr.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I watched the first episode of the Bible series. I thought that it was no worse than any other Bible tv/movie "thing", but overall it was so lacking in adherence to scripture that I cannot watch it. "ninja" angels? gimme a break. I have studied quite a bit about the Hebraic roots of Christianity and this series almost completely ignores that AND what's with all the political correctness as far as ignoring sin and why Yeshua had to go to the cross?

Ok, off my soapbox ... carry on

·
IBR# 366
16,570 Posts
It's the "History" channel - full of angels and aliens and Hitler and rednecks, and very little actual "history" at all . . .

·
Registered
445 Posts
That god was nailed to a lump of wood, my god has a hammer, do the math.
the HIstory channel has brought a new series out "Vikings" one of the best series and films that I have ever seen on the screen, gripping, historically exact and accurate to the n´th degree, and it gives me back my hope that the hisory channel can make something that doesn´t include Hitler, WW2 and as mentioned rednecks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Gruivis said:
I've been really enjoying this mini-series on the History channel. Mark Burnett and his wife Roma have done an excellent job. I only wish they could have had two or three more episodes.

They timed the final installment for today, Easter Sunday.

Greg
The series has left out some details for sure but it's a better series than I've seen before. I get a kick out of the commercials that are shown during the show, it's as if they are trying to show un-Christian (??) commercials. Maybe not, just seems a little purposeful sometimes...amusing.

·
IBR# 366
16,570 Posts
I think the word you're looking for is "secular" . . . :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts