BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Yikes. If that were me, I'd also be talking to my dealer about any damage done to the pads or calipers.

·
Premium Member
5,960 Posts
David - you didn't go up Bealach-na-ba?

As for Hill-Start, I tried it a few times on my previous '15 RT and didn't like it. Took too much throttle efforts to overcome it, and should I forget to disengage the thing manually, I would stall out! I had heard that it's better on the '21 RT, but I have yet to try it. It's set on manual.

·
Premium Member
5,960 Posts
Sure did and sounds like you know it 😄
Sure do! Been there, done that, and want to go back for more!!! Spent 10 days riding an RT around the Highlands in 2015. I would love to go back again.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Sure do! Been there, done that, and want to go back for more!!! Spent 10 days riding an RT around the Highlands in 2015. I would love to go back again.
Scotland is our playground, we can be in the highlands in a few hours from Northern Ireland, I take it you got a chance to look at the wee video I did of our last trip, I think I put it up on the site.

My mates son has been riding for a few years with his pals and we introduced them to Scotland last July. They are busting to go back but won't buy a Sat Nav, they want a guide, suppose that's me again 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

·
Premium Member
5,960 Posts
I did look at your video. I had also published a whole set on YouTube regarding my rides back then. That was pretty much the start of my videography though, and so they weren't as polished as I would have liked. I am much better now, but still have a lot to learn. In case you missed it, take a look at these and see what I do with the Insta360 One X2: Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway, August 2021. I know that you use the One R, which had caught my attention until the One X2 came out, and that fits what I want very much better.

There were several places in Scotland that I had found to be quite memorable. One of them was the little ferry from Skye to Glenelg, Kylerhea ferry. The road down to the ferry on the Skye side is also very nice.

Reactions: DavidMcK

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2 cents, auto makes me look like I have never ridden a bike before, it holds the brake to hard to overcome without a lot of throttle, Manual is ideal as it allows you to apply the brake when needed and you don't even have to release it yourself just ride off, it does not app[y the same pressure as auto so you don't risk stalling and looking like a knob..

21 - 27 of 27 Posts