BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there using propriatary highway pegs ? and if so I assume you mounted them to the tip over wings ?.

Mick o Pegs and other dedicated LT pegs are way too expensive over this side of the pond.

·
Registered
185 Posts
After a 8000 mile cross-country trip last year I decided I needed another leg position option. I went with the J-Peg XL's.

It's nice to be able to stretch one's legs out during long days.

One draw back, when my wife rides behind me on her F650, she says I look like a Harley cruiser guy with my feet on the pegs.

Installation is well explained and straightforward.

·
Registered
478 Posts
yes i had a set before you just carefuly trim the tip over wing cover for clearence. not just any peg will fit the bar size is quite small. and a piece of advise put the pegs on and dont reinstall the cover untill you find the exact spot for you .(where i thought i wanted them was not exactly where they ended up) if you cant find the proper size send me a pm i have a set in the shop

·
Registered
132 Posts
The previous owner of my LT removed the tip over wing covers and clamped on a set of pegs. You can sort of see it in the attached picture. But to be honest, I never use them and I wish I had the covers instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Send a message to Bob's BMW and see what shipping would cost you.
http://www.bobsbmw.com/

I have a set of pegs from them that c-clamp to the tip-over bars. Just needed to cut out a small amount of the plastic cover on the tip-over bar to install.
Part # HPK-1 listed at $119.95

Work well for my on my 2005 LT.

·
Registered
161 Posts
amindtat said:
The previous owner of my LT removed the tip over wing covers and clamped on a set of pegs. You can sort of see it in the attached picture. But to be honest, I never use them and I wish I had the covers instead.
I've seen covers on ebay for like $6 ... not sure of the quality

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NCIowaLT said:
Send a message to Bob's BMW and see what shipping would cost you.
http://www.bobsbmw.com/

I have a set of pegs from them that c-clamp to the tip-over bars. Just needed to cut out a small amount of the plastic cover on the tip-over bar to install.
Part # HPK-1 listed at $119.95

Work well for my on my 2005 LT.

I cant find a part number HPK-1

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
I think I purchased my pegs (not jpegs) from Sierra BMW, and they too attach to the tip over bars, and I knotched the underside of the plastic protector with a dremmel tool. I don't use them all the often. I also purchased Mick O Pegs, and use them most of the time. I heartily recommend them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts