BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Sent pm. What are you asking?
I was only looking at those so not jumping in on your snag of them but was wondering what additional things you need to mount them. I have seen them on a LT but I didn't look close enough to see how they mounted. I didn't see them on MAX so are they aftermarket? Are there other pieces to properly install them? I am not sure my bumper bars have the proper mounting to use them and the rubber covers also were open on the ends so they could fold in flush.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It looks like everything is there and they mount on the crash bar. I have seen them on other bikes and they go flush under the wings. These are XL pegs and I would have to open them before riding since I would probably crash trying to open them up.

I was only looking at those so not jumping in on your snag of them but was wondering what additional things you need to mount them. I have seen them on a LT but I didn't look close enough to see how they mounted. I didn't see them on MAX so are they aftermarket? Are there other pieces to properly install them? I am not sure my bumper bars have the proper mounting to use them and the rubber covers also were open on the ends so they could fold in flush.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
It looks like everything is there and they mount on the crash bar. I have seen them on other bikes and they go flush under the wings. These are XL pegs and I would have to open them before riding since I would probably crash trying to open them up.
I don't have anything on the underside of my wings to screw those puppies into and the flimsy screw mount that holds on the bumper cover sure isn't strong enough.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Not pictured are the brackets that mount under the tip over wings.
These are required for mounting J-Pegs; they come as part of the original setup.
The J-peg mounting brackets replace the OEM part that is under the tip over wing.
Without it the J-Pegs are pretty much useless.

Also, the J-pegs pictures look like the extended version for very tall riders. The standard J-Pegs do not have an angle in them.
I am 5'10" and had the standard J-pegs. When I tried the extended ones, they were too far away. Unless you are close to 6' tall, I don't think you'd want the extended ones.

HTH

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am 6'4"...XL is the way to go.

Not pictured are the brackets that mount under the tip over wings.
These are required for mounting J-Pegs; they come as part of the original setup.
The J-peg mounting brackets replace the OEM part that is under the tip over wing.
Without it the J-Pegs are pretty much useless.

Also, the J-pegs pictures look like the extended version for very tall riders. The standard J-Pegs do not have an angle in them.
I am 5'10" and had the standard J-pegs. When I tried the extended ones, they were too far away. Unless you are close to 6' tall, I don't think you'd want the extended ones.

HTH

·
Registered
787 Posts
I find my J pegs to be useless. They are just to high and are not comfortable. The mick o pegs look comfortable but there so damn ugly.

·
Registered
170 Posts
remove the covers and there are pre drilled holes there - u just have to trim the covers
but make sure u can reach them
have a set on my LT and with a 30 " inseam i's bout 4" short on both sides

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought the LT with them on, but removed them to mount SuperBrite LED's at that location. They just screwed into the crash bar on the bottom. Are there different crash bar styles? These are aluminum on mine.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
As Curtis said, there are different crash bars. The OEM is truly just a triple bend bar/tube secured with a bolt on each end piece, after the ends are inserted in the mounting point. The makers of the Jpegs provided a replacement crash bar of billet solid material (aluminum?) with appropriate mounting holes for inserting the Jpegs. Jpegs by themselves, w/o the replacement crash bar, are useless. In addition, some trimming of the black bumper guard is also necessary for JPEG mounting. HTH.

·
Registered
233 Posts
So can you remove the pegs and replace the plastic and go back to the original look with the billet crash bar left in place?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
So can you remove the pegs and replace the plastic and go back to the original look with the billet crash bar left in place?
Yep. You sure could.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would like them. would they fit k1200lt 2000 BMW How much are you looking at selling them for?
I have been searching around for a set and no luck.
Thank you
Ben
This post is over 3 years old so I am guessing they are probably done by now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts