BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined the forum becuase I wanted to share this with whoever is intersted. I've recently designed and manufactured my own highway pegs for my 2006 K1200S.

Some of you are wondering why. After five knee surgeries and buying every peg lowering kit made, I could no longer get my feet on the pegs for much more than an hour (if that). More than that, none of the typical v-twin cruisers appeal to me and the K1600 is no better than my K1200S for space. So I located a spot on the lower engine casing used in manufacturing when the engines are built on the assembly line and took it from there.

I've included pictures of the mounting bracket, the install location on the engine, the peg coming through the mesh and the final profile of the bike with the pegs as they appear on the bike. I managed to install them without having to cut any of the carbon fiber or farings. Two small holes were put in some mesh on my ilemberger belly pan.

For me, these pegs allow me to ride a bike with real power pain free. :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Simply Genius. Are you still using the highway pegs? Did they work for relaxing your knees. I am 6'5, and it's often my knees will start to cramp up. I'm interested in maybe mimicking your solution. Feedback would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have to admire your skill, talent and ingenuity. It looks very professional. I'm only 67, but if my knees give up I'll look you up. Well done!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts