BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas. I am wanting to install a set of highway pegs and i was just curious if some of you have installed some on your LT that werent really made for it. On my old LT i had a set of universal pegs and the previous owner had just cut a lil notch out of the plastic but i forget what kind they were. Have any of you done this? I found this websitehttp://www.cruisercustomizing.com/list.cfm?page=1&&model_ID=0&category_ID=54&sblid=prev

·
Registered
223 Posts
I cannot speak to your question of the use of universal highway pegs, but I will say that the addition of J-Pegs on my 2003 LT was an incredibly good investment. The location, stow-away capability and seamless integration without modification are all fabulous for me.

I am 6' 2", with a 34" inseam and weigh 225. I can lock my heels on the J-Pegs and stretch out, extend my legs in a very relaxed fashion or alternate each leg out for a change of position.

Picked mine up on eBay, but I would pay full retail if I had to do it again.

Hope you find a comfortable fit for you.

John

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
All I'll say about Cruiser Customizing is make absolutley sure they have the item in stock before ordering. If they have it there's no problem and the shipping is quick.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
No drilling required. The aluminum clamps will go on your tipover bars and the pegs will mount on them. They are often referred to as "Bob's Pegs" since Bob's BMW was the first dealer to sell them as far as I know.

John
PrimePower said:
Do those go off an existing bolt or will I have to drill? Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi,

I have seen a few bikes that did cut out a small area in the plastic covering the tip over bars. The pegs they used were similar to those found at JC Whitney which were all less than $50.00. Here is the site. Not as intergraded as the j-pegs but I think they can be done up just as nice. Having seen the quality of some of custom additions posted on this site, I'm sure you could do these up nice and not detract from the clean lines and functionality of the safety bars. If you cut under the bars and attached the pegs from underneath, then they would not be as visible as if you went in from the sides. I've thought about doing the same thing but can't spread my legs apart far enough to make it comfortable. Good luck.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/Motorcycle-Footpegs/600014710.jcw

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jrlakin said:
These aren't below $100.00, but I think this is what you are referring to. I have these and I think they work just fine, plus they are hundreds less. Sierra Bmw is the only place I have seen them sold.

http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/k1200lt-highway-pegs-p-5.html
Yes!! That's exactly what I am looking for!.. Looks like what it is a kuriakyn peg with a special bracket for the oddly sized 3/4 highway bar. Thanks for reply!.. I just finished ordering them.. I will let u know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
4,876 Posts
Looking at the plastic black tip over cover ( completely covers the bar) just curious of the bars diameter? Seems like all of these highway pegs will require a trim of the plastic to fit. Am I missing something? Sierra BMW seem to be the sturdiest. I've ordered from JC Whitney in the past, many years ago, and it seemed that the quality was pretty poor.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
I have these pegs, and you do need to notch the plastic tip over covers below the bars. I am very non mechanical, and I did with a dremel tool and a sharp knife. They aren't J-pegs, but I use them all the time and for the price difference, They work great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts