BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find a thread on Highway Ottomans. They look great. I was wondering what the consensus was regarding them vs. j-pegs, Bob's, etc.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I have the Ottomans, I think the J-pegs look the best, But The ottomans are soooo comfortable. Maybe get with some of your local riders and try both and see what you like the best. I have been very happy with the ottomans so far.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I agree with Brian, the J-Pegs (as far as looks) look better, but the Ottomans are comfortable.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I love my Ottomans! They may look a bit strange, but they really work! I have bad knees (arthritus), and being able to stretch my legs out while riding has made a world of difference in my riding comfort.

As a side note, one of my Ottomans broke while we were at CCR last year due to a faulty weld. I wasn't looking forward to riding home without them. By the time I got back to the lodge and talked with Mike, the vendor, they were sold out of new stock, so he took one off his own bike to replace mine. Good customer service!

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Reid said:
I can't find a thread on Highway Ottomans. They look great. I was wondering what the consensus was regarding them vs. j-pegs, Bob's, etc.

I have both for my bike, in fact my LT was the first one that had j-pegs on it and the Highway otto's at the same time.

Just go ahead and buy the ottomans you will be pleased with the added comfort, I don't think there is anything out there even close to them for comfort.

Tom

·
Registered
16 Posts
Talk about cheap!

Here's how cheap I am. I wanted a way to stretch out my legs from time to time on my first ride on my LT (which happened to be a 4500-miler from coast to coast), but wasn't ready to part with a few hundred bucks yet. So I made my own highway pegs by clamping a couple of Vise-Grips to the front crash bars (after removing the plastic covers). Then for padding, I covered each with that foam pipe insulation and wrapped them with electrician's tape.

It worked! And, they're adjustable for any length leg, depending on where you clamp them on. No, they don't fold up, and they're not exactly pretty, but for $20 they did the trick!

Bill

·
Registered
408 Posts
Dont forget the 3rd option Mick O Pegs....IMHO, JPEGS dont work for me, short legs and a wide stretch.Ottomans look like the name, padded stirups mounted on a motorcycle, in a rear view mirror they look as if the rider is in a delivery room.

Look around, and buy the one that suit your needs.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Have had the folding pegs, Done XL-J's , Now using OTTOMANS :D The most comfortable by far !! Just looks kind of funky.

Scott

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mick-O-Pegs vs Ottomans

DaveDragon said:
I have a set of Mick-O-Pegs on the way.
Should be here this weekend, I'll post photos and comments after installation and test ride :)
Hello Dave,

Did you fit the Mick-O pegs to your LT? If so, what do you think of them. I have a feeling that the ottomans will be too high, where as the Mick-O pegs are more cruiser / scooter style comfort.

Are they ugly when fitted? In the photo's they do not look pretty, even agricultural, do you love them.

Finally, I see people comparing Mick-O pegs to J-Pegs, but what about Mick-0 to Ottomans?

Finally, Dave, did you get a change to take a few pics of them, if so, please feel free to email them directly if you do not want to post them on here, my email is [email protected]

Thanks Guys

Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts