BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
High speed foolishness. A few days ago I located a nice flat straight piece of road with no obstacles and no traffic in a rural area of the county, so I opened it up to see just how fast it would go. The section of road was over a mile long so I had plenty of time to get the bike up to speed. The first run gave me 6000 + rpms in 5 gear and a GPS speed of 121 and 130 + on the speedometer, second run in the opposite directions resulted in a GPS speed of 119, 6000 rpms + and 130 again.

My bike is an 03 with 41,000 miles and actual weight of 870 lbs. I weigh 155 lbs so the combined weight was around 1025. The temperature was in the 70s with a very light cross wind. I have the Euro windshield and had it in the down position. I remained sitting upright and enjoyed the excitement, (you know excitement is hard to come by at 58 :)

This is not something I would recommend and is only for informational purposes.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Darn left of my signature line.

Jim in GA or maybe I should leave out the state for insurance purposes.

Make it just Jim. LOL

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Hey Jim,

You can add permanent info to your signature line that will appear with every post you make. Click on "User CP", top left corner, to do that.

Nice stats. What was the barometric pressure? Dew point? Altitude? Any solar flare activity? (sorry, just giving you some good-natured grief at being so thorough :D )

·
Registered
430 Posts
Wow, recently while passing thru your fine state, the HP thought 84 mph in the cage was too fast, I knew their was a reason I wanted to ride instead of drive, LOL.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Jim -

I really thought your story was going to end with something to the effect of "..and Mr. LEO was waiting for me..."

I see you ARE Mr. LEO!

For a little more excitement, try finding a road longer than a mile (not that I'd know about these things...)

:)

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
I remember you...

tbl160 said:
A few days ago I located a nice flat straight piece of road with no obstacles and no traffic in a rural area of the county, so I opened it up to see just how fast it would go. The section of road was over a mile long so I had plenty of time to get the bike up to speed. The first run gave me 6000 + rpms in 5 gear and a GPS speed of 121 and 130 + on the speedometer, second run in the opposite directions resulted in a GPS speed of 119, 6000 rpms + and 130 again.
I think I remember passing you while on my way from Pittsburgh to Los Angeles...;) :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts