BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shopping in hopes of buying my first BMW, and specifically the RT. I will be going to look at a 2004 1150 RT this weekend. The pics of it look good, but pics can do that.

The 2004 has 49,000 miles on it. Is that a lot of miles for an RT?

For those experience RT owners, is there anything in particular that I should be watching for, other than the standard used motorcycles checks?

·
Registered
391 Posts
No, not high mileage----check maintenance records, test ride, and make a choice!
KBB should give you wholesale and retail value. Good hunting!
Dave

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd consider that low mileage for that model. I have an 05 with 82,000 miles and an 09 with 21K miles.

Beemers are notorious for high mileage.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought my 04 late in December with 40376 miles on it. It now has 52440 and it runs GREAT!

I did take mine in for it's second service since I've had it. First service was an oil change and valve adjustment, also I put new tires on it. A minor service. At 52000 it's a major service with replacement of clutch and brake fluids, valve adjustment, final drive fluid. Labor is going to run about $733.00 plus parts. That's with a dealership doing all the work.

·
Registered
153 Posts
87,000 on my '06 and still running and riding great. If the bike looks good, has service records and rides well you should be fine with whatever RT you choose.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Coastie3202 said:
The 2004 has 49,000 miles on it. Is that a lot of miles for an RT?QUOTE]
Just broken in...!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts