BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Human Behaviour Analyst
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HID Xenon Light Conversion Kit

Could someone who has done a HID lighting upgrade to an '02 LT (or similar headlight setup) please have a look at the site link above.

I recall reading several posts of pre-arranged group buys, etc due to the high cost and relative complexity of the conversion.

These guys claim the cost is $90 all in and no wires need be cut installing the HID Xenon Low Beam.

What am I missing? :confused:

Thanks,
Keir

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
I have not done mine, but there are posts here that detail it nicely. There was a group buy a while back and I think the guy still is honoring it... just mention the BMWLT site and specify the bulb type and temp (as close to 5k or below seems to be best).

Someone is bound to post before I can...

You do NOT cut wires.... they actually plug into the bulb connection.

ahhhh.. here 'tis http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20546&highlight=cqlight+install

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Nothing.............

wkclark said:
HID Xenon Light Conversion Kit

Could someone who has done a HID lighting upgrade to an '02 LT (or similar headlight setup) please have a look at the site link above.

I recall reading several posts of pre-arranged group buys, etc due to the high cost and relative complexity of the conversion.

These guys claim the cost is $90 all in and no wires need be cut installing the HID Xenon Low Beam.

What am I missing? :confused:

Thanks,
Keir
Looks like the price has come down. Great/fast service, quality product and pretty straight forward install. You won't be sorry there is a HUGE difference.

·
Registered
878 Posts
It's been some time since I did my '03 but like the previous post says, there is no need to cut any wires. I would be a little concerned with the temperature of this particualr bulb. I personally would stay with the 5000k-6000k.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
That CQ kit is good. I have the high and low beam. I went with the 5000k. Would have prefered 4100 but they didn't have it....

·
Registered
353 Posts
I ordered a low beam kit from CQ Light and when I did, I mentioned this website and told them I was probably too late for the group buy. The price, including shipping, was 85.00. Yes, eighty five dollars and I ordered it on a Monday evening and got it on Wednesday (2 days) from the west coast.

The price online is about 127.00 if you just jump in there and order it. Call them, they're nice folks. www.cqlight.ca

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
+1 Cq light install. It took less than 30 minutes even for a total non-mechanic like me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts