BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CQ HID Low Beam Conversion (5000) and need a replacement bulb. Must I use a CQ Light replacement or is there another source? The want $48.00 plus shipping, which I will gladly pay before switching back to a halogen. I'm really more interested in saving time then money on this issue.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
h7 bulb replacement 5k from cq light is $35 including shipping...What bulb are you getting from them?

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
sheldan2 said:
h7 bulb replacement 5k from cq light is $35 including shipping...What bulb are you getting from them?
It is an H7 for the low beam. I installed it over a year ago on Doug's 05.
Doug, how did you check to see if the bulb was faulty?

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zippy_gg said:
It is an H7 for the low beam. I installed it over a year ago on Doug's 05.
Doug, how did you check to see if the bulb was faulty?
Initially I thought it was the igniter but got a response that said if it lights at all - can't be the igniter. I also figured it is good to have an extra bulb and if we discovered it is the igniter and I have to replace it. The problem is the light will come on for a minute or so and then go out.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I have found out the hard way that if the bulb will turn on for a min or so then go out then it needs to be replaced, ( having torn the bike apart to check all the wiring) I had 2 go out within a year, a pain to have to wait to replace if you dont have a spare handy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts