BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade my 2002 LT with a HID Low beam. I was going to order the H7 kit from CQlight, but wanted to ask the experts if H7 is the correct model for an 02 LT.

I also have a HID from a previous bike that looks very very similar to the CQLight setup. The igniter and Ballast look identical. I would love to just replace the bulb on that unit for $50 dollars instead of buying the entire kit. This unit has the name BrightStar TW on it and I can't find any info on the web. Has anyone heard of this maker? Can anyone give me the spec's off of the CQLight unit.

Igniter says: for 35W HID Lamp only
output voltage = 23KV

Model number on the ballast is EP8035DC-M1

Thanks

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
That's what the CQ unit is... OOps. don't know for sure about your lamp.
Look at the kit in my thread. there's a picture of it.

Sounds like you can just buy a replacement lamp..

John

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
That's the exact same number as on my ballast. mine reads EP80350C-M1 Just got it brand new so your's is a current model...

Just get a new lamp. Look in your owners manual for the size. I think it's H-7 but don't do it on my say so.....I think when they changed only the high beam bulb changed..

John

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
bbake250f said:
Looking to upgrade my 2002 LT with a HID Low beam. I was going to order the H7 kit from CQlight, but wanted to ask the experts if H7 is the correct model for an 02 LT.
Thanks
H7 for the Low beam is the correct bulb.
Glad that you can save some money and re-use your other kit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Buying the bulb

Thanks guys,
I also e-mailed CQLight and they wouldn't admit it, but I think BrightStar is where their kits come from. It is a company out of Taiwan. With a bit more research I found the website at:

http://www.brightstar-hid.com/index_e.php

It appears they only sell to dealers.

Other question:
What type of plug does the ballast have on your units where it plugs into the bike? The one I have is off a Honda with a standard 3 prong headlight plug shaped like this if you looked at it from the end.

|_|

I think I will go ahead and buy the bulb as it shouldn't be to difficult to modify the plug end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts