BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 K1200LT. The P.O. installed a HID headlight system from www.CQLIGHT.CA in April 2006. He purchased it from [email protected] (219-473-3036). I don't think either of these companies are still in business as I have tried to contact and Google them both when my low beam stopped working on this system. Not knowing much about HID lights I just shined a good light under the bike nose cone and started looking and probing. After some time at this I found an inline fuse that looked like it went to the igniter or the ballast. I pulled the fuse and it checked out bad. After putting in a new fuse all was good and bright again.

I know from searching the forums for help on this problem that a lot of you early year K1200LT owners have this same system from CQLIGHT.CA. I just wanted to pass this info along in case any more low beams go out and you start buying a new bulb, igniter, or ballast.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,260 Posts
I had a similar issue on my HID install (that I did) in that the fuse corroded and would make intermittent contact. Never noticed it until I took a trip that involved some night driving and I had no headlight!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts