BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade my low beam to hid, know about the 4300 etc, for all of you who has done this my question is " who sells the easiest install hid kit for the LT? I don't really want to spend all day putting a light bulb on if I don't have to.

thanks

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,157 Posts
I got mine from www.hid-online.com. They are in the UK and sell a great product. Their wiring kit is designed for motorcycles and comes with wires long enough to reach the battery if you choose to go that route.

There is more to upgrading to HID than just replacing a light bulb. You need to install a ballast, run some wires, and modify the protective plastic shell of the low-beam bulb. But it is all worthwhile once you are done!!!

Check the HOW as you will find helpful documentation that you may want to print beforehand. That will save you time and frustration, especially the part where you need to find the last hidden screw before you can proceed...

·
Registered
324 Posts
HID Install

My experience with HID-Online http://www.hid-online.com was excellent. The kit was complete and instructions easy to follow. Everything plug and play except one small hole to drill. Also used instructions from this site and had no problems.

I recently installed the H-9 high beam they offer as it was not available at the time I put in the H-7. If you can swing it go for both lights at once because it is going to eat up the better part of a day to disassemble / reassemble the bike anyway. It will save you having to do it twice and the high beam performance is fantastic.

Great customer service. I had a problem with the beam pattern and felt my bulb was not quite right. Received a replacement at no cost and am very satisfied with the company.

No affiliations etc.

·
Rider Journeyman
2,015 Posts
sheldan2 said:
..for all of you who has done this my question is " who sells the easiest install hid kit for the LT? I don't really want to spend all day putting a light bulb on if I don't have to.
thanks
Been there, done that ;)

The Hid-online group sells a kit specifically designed for the LT. Our very own Raffy worked with them on it (he use to re-sell them until the laws changed).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts