BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woo-hoo!!
Not only have i saved enough to get myself a new clear screen, but tomorrow i will be ordering HID lighting from Import Driver.com.au!!

Should be just under $500 inc freight.
Im getting HID for *BOTH* high / low beam as the stock lights are yet another accident waiting to happen on the LT.
With some luck they will be here for the weekend and i can install/test. i will grab some photos of it along the way for those interested.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Hi Dez,
No doubt a man of your skills will have no trouble fitting such, however, if you do run into any problems, there is lots of information and photos of installations already available on this site within the HoW etc.

Good luck with your project!

·
Registered
202 Posts
G'day Dez,

You are going to love the lights, makes a big difference.
Where are you getting your screen from and what size is it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Whoop's Sorry Dez I should have read your other post in relation to screens.

I have one from them as well. Herewinni offers excellent service.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How exciting...

I spoke with an Import Driver rep this afternoon, they are sending the HID lights in the morning.
I have a 4 day weekend this weekend (monday,tuesday next week off)as i worked last weekend in Mackay...
The lights are supposed to be here monday with a bit of luck...
Fingers crossed :)

·
Miles of Smiles
1,054 Posts
Dez, as Ian said, look up the installation photos and write ups in the HOW. Very slick and OEM looking. Has anyone seen the HID option now available on the 2005's. I doubt even BMW could install better. One point with the Phillip's ballast, on one of the two ( High H9 / Low H7 ) just reverse the outer covers (4 screws) to assist with cable runs. Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts