BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mods

messenger13 said:
Yea but...what mods have you been doing to your other bike? ;) I'm in the garage now as I type this. Looks like a freakin' bike "mod shop" in here.

I suppose your installing a map light on your Ninja! The one with the "third position" switch.

·
Registered
980 Posts
messenger13 said:
I'll get to the LT this week . . . *cough cough*
You sound like me, Joe! I have SEVEN - count em - SEVEN extras to install in my LT including low beam HID - I was supposed to get this done over my three day "vacation" but life interrupted... :crazy:

I did manage to make it down to the local BMW dealer and purchased the EIGHTH extra (pathBlazer) to add to the old girl. If I put off long enough I'll have a whole box of farkles needing installation...:D

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Ron,

It's been a while since you posted this. Might you provide info on the rear LED unit you used, and whether you are still pleased with it? Thanks!

ronjrieth said:
[...]
Also, most impressive is the new tail light led kit they put on for me....just came out and it will probably annoy those behind you..
Ride safe,
Ron

·
Registered
807 Posts
Looking for dark places

lovetomotor said:
Joe,

I bought the same kit about two months ago and my stock H7 plug fit the ballast input just fine. They must have given you a different connector on the ballast. Oh well, jot worth returning the entire kit. You'll enjoy the HID. When I got mine, I found myself wanting to drive in the darkest places to just see the light, pretty dumb huh.
Joe,

A pal of mine has the Carrera 4S Porsche. We were riding in Tampa and he drove into a parking garage just to demo his lights! You're not the only one.

Let there be light.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
H8000 or H10000

Has anyone figured out which is best, the CQ H8000 or H10000 HID conversion kit? Thx.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Went with 6500

Thanks for the reply. I did some reading, and held my breath. I went with the 6500, for just a hint more of blue. My old engineering classes used to tell me that blue light waves travel better than white - so we'll see!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: Went with 6500

I'm a little confused as to what type of HID Kit to get for my 2002 K1200LTC that I've just purchased. It's got the factory headlight in it and I would like to replace it after reading/seeing some of the posts/pictures. I'm looking at the following link provided by one of the threads, but must admit I'm confused as to what kit to buy: http://www.cqlight.ca

Thanks, Ernie

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,181 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
is cqlight still in business? I need to replace my old hid since the old 12 year old club failed….i can't find any thing them

thanks

OKU

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.