BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
I did a lot of research on this. The DDM kit is the most popular, nobody is reporting issues, and it costs under $30 shipped. I installed mind easily and love it.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know about all the other sources, Xeneon Depot, DDM, 1offmotorsports and all.

Xenon Depot is about $240.00 with BMWlt discount. They say authentic Phillips bulbs and shockproof ballasts, and water pforrf connections

Yanashiki will be about $164.00

Our BMW dealer here in Seattle is using the Yanashiki kit. Although more expensive then some of the off the cuff stuff on ebay and so forth, if I buy the parts form them and they install them (My bike is and '09 and still under warranty) it removes all risk for me from a malfunction, ie, electrical issue, CANBUS problem or burnt out or failed bulbs, it's all on them!

Probably worth an x-tra $90.00

·
Registered
349 Posts
If they will stand behind it there is certainly some value to it. On the other hand, we're talking something that costs $30 and 20 minutes to replace, should it fail. Judging by others' experiences here and on other forums, a failure in the first year (presumably that's how long they warranty it?) would be very unlikely.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
calvarez said:
If they will stand behind it there is certainly some value to it. On the other hand, we're talking something that costs $30 and 20 minutes to replace, should it fail. Judging by others' experiences here and on other forums, a failure in the first year (presumably that's how long they warranty it?) would be very unlikely.
No reason to be pennywise and pound foolish. Anything else goes wrong with the electrical system/ CANBUS, Headlight lens, reflectors, bike in general, I don't want to give BMW an potential out on ANY warranty claim to save $90.00 (A dinner out!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts