BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the HID Conversion kit from Fashtek. Is there an install thread on this site or does someone have ideas on how and where to put the box?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BMWWANDRR said:
Just got the HID Conversion kit from Fashtek. Is there an install thread on this site or does someone have ideas on how and where to put the box?
By the way, it is only the high beam.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, but I need it for an 2006, or is it very similar

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
BMWWANDRR said:
Although that is a bit odd since the low beam is really the one needing an upgrade, I hope you got the right bulb - H9 or H11.

·
Registered
989 Posts
BMWWANDRR said:
Huh? I'd advise against. Cannot use "flash" function, unless you have separate driving lights that come on together with the high beam circuit. HID light needs time to warm up.

Best setup is HID low beam (H7 bulb) - which stays on in high beam mode as well. Leave High beam bulb as halogen.

BTW, you will be impressed with the low-beam conversion results. Works great.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess I need to order the low beam also. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
BMWWANDRR said:
Guess I need to order the low beam also. Thanks.
Probably a good idea, however the installation get a little more complicated since you need to find room for 2 ballasts and igniters. No big deal if you are comfortable removiong the nose cone.

·
IBR# 366
16,544 Posts
rdwalker said:
Huh? I'd advise against. Cannot use "flash" function, unless you have separate driving lights that come on together with the high beam circuit. HID light needs time to warm up.
Who uses the flash function while riding? I just don't ever think about it.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
meese said:
Who uses the flash function while riding? I just don't ever think about it.
I do when I lane split, in addition to my DD and PIAAs, and Stebel horn... What can I say? I guess I like light and sound shows!!!:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts