BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking for a hi viz or neon yellow helmet. I've done several searches and cannot find one. I know they are available as I have seen one on a rider. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Scorpion and Shoei both make hi vis and/or "safety yellow" helmets. Others might as well, but I use both of these brands and can recommend them for quality.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Shoei has yellow, but not hi-viz intensity.

Scorpion does. Imagine this bucket with an Olympia hi-viz jacket. A cager might still run you off the road just to get relief for their retinas. :p

·
Registered
449 Posts
Most manufacturers offer a "bright" color. Perhaps not hi-viz, but yellow or white etc. You can always put reflective tape on the helmet. You can get about any color you want, including black.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
I am guessing that a "high Vis" helmet ( I use a white one) and assorted clothing might make a difference, but I've had way too many motorist look directly at me and then pull out. The see me, I see their eyes, but it still does not register with them.

Same way people in cars will drive into trains. They see the train, but it does not register. Regardless of what you wear, assume you are invisible and you will live longer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts