BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like its been kinda slow in here lately. The weather hasn't been too hard on you rough and tough BMW riders has it? Hope everyone is doing well and you have a better year than 2010. I'm still kicking and just finsihed my install of a Paxton supercharger on the Shelby. I figured there is no better way to get to know your machine than to tear it apart, right!! The Paxton instructions had a bunch of holes in it but I took my time and improvised in a couple of places and managed to get the install done over the holidays. What a kick in the pants this setup gave the car. It added 150 HP to the motor and it really wakes the car up.

Steve Rowe: the next track day is March 5th at Little Talladega Grand Prix and your'e
invited to come. Can't say I didn't keep you in the loop!

·
Premium Member
4,880 Posts
Haven't seen you in quite a while....... Happy Birthday!

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dan. I'll be down in Florida in February attending the Daytona 500 courtesy of UPS. Ride safe!

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Hey, Rehder - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Bud. Long time no hear, no see, no read. Good on ya giving the Shelby a boost in the butt. Got roads around the village that can handle that?!?! :histerica

So, you with the Brown Truck gang now, or are you shipping bunches of RV parts through their depots?

Glad you jumped in here on your birthday, John. Take care - enjoy the Daytona 500 - drop by more often. And if you get outta Douglasville, my bro Phil in Cumming would prolly take you airborne in his new toy!! Still has his LT, butt spends more time in the clouds than on the ground!! :rolleyes:

'Drive' safe, John! ;) Have a great day.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Dick, it has been a long time for sure. the company I work for ships a butt load of boxes with UPS. I'm VP of Transportation now so a perk comes along now and then. Your bro a fly boy now, huh? That would be fun to do. ride safe, If I ever get to San Anonio area I'll give ya a ring!

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Hey John, forget about Steve and I'll go in his place! :rotf:

Happy Birthday dude! :D

·
Registered
616 Posts
John: We've not met, but you sound like the kinda gearhead I get along with!

Maybe one day you can take me for a ride in that beast?

Have fun with it!!

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Scotty, I just had the Shelby on the Dyno at the local speed shop and with the Supercharger installed it made another 158 HP over stock. I'm at 501HP at the crank and 436 at the rear wheels and 375 pounds of torque. What a kick in the pants!

Scottly said:
John: We've not met, but you sound like the kinda gearhead I get along with!

Maybe one day you can take me for a ride in that beast?

Have fun with it!!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Hey John, it's been awhile.
Man, that's one healthy beast you've got there! So what do you do with all those horses? Track days, drag racing, or is it all about brag'n rights?

By the way, I guess VP's get to travel in style but if your ever in Florida and need a place to stay give us a shout. We've move out of Central FL and are now up in the NE, just west of Jacksonville. Would love to see you.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
John,

When you're back in town let me know, I need to change the rear break pads as they're squealing like a stuck pig. I kinda saw you do it once, but was distracted by the donuts.

Greg

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Lynn,
hope you and the misses is doing ok! Track days and auto cross is what I'm doin with the Shelby. Lots of fun driving those courses. I'll look ya up if I come through Jacksonville, ride safe my friend!

Lynn_Keen said:
Man, that's one healthy beast you've got there! So what do you do with all those horses? Track days, drag racing, or is it all about brag'n rights?

By the way, I guess VP's get to travel in style but if your ever in Florida and need a place to stay give us a shout. We've move out of Central FL and are now up in the NE, just west of Jacksonville. Would love to see you.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Greg, I'm back in town and the rear brakes take about 1 minute to do! Haven't wrenched on an LT for a while but I still remember! I'm in a different house now about a mile from the old palce. Give me a ring sometime and you can drop by. Send me a PM for the address and phone number.

Gruivis said:
John,

When you're back in town let me know, I need to change the rear break pads as they're squealing like a stuck pig. I kinda saw you do it once, but was distracted by the donuts.

Greg

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Don't go blaming the donuts on me!! And I can help you with the rear brakes if you want. Just give me a ring.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
I'm a ford guy since a kid, (used to race a few and did a ton of performance work on race cars back then,

about sept my decided she wanted a new "muscle car" drove the Vette, Camaro SS, SRT8 challenger and the new GT, she fell in love with the GT, so she now has a 2011 Race Red GT 401a convertible, it has the black leather interior with the seat stripe, nav, sync, backup cam, power everything comfort package, heck the thing is about as loaded as her Eclass mercedes was,
all we have had time to do so far is add the California special lwr valance and fog lights to it, she wants it a bit louder now though so exhaust is next, a programmer and a few other little mods, I almost had her talked into the supercharger for it for she does drive about 90 miles a day, any how, they did a fine job on the new stang, she wants the boss but they are not going to make it in a convertible......and for us to buy a 2012 boss for fun is well, kind of silly unlkess we unload about 5-7 bikes a couple jeeps and the buold a shop for me to work on it in, (my old hot rod days are starting to haunt me again (or give me a real itch to get a car to race again)

anyhow have fun at the tracks!
johnrehder said:
Looks like its been kinda slow in here lately. The weather hasn't been too hard on you rough and tough BMW riders has it? Hope everyone is doing well and you have a better year than 2010. I'm still kicking and just finsihed my install of a Paxton supercharger on the Shelby. I figured there is no better way to get to know your machine than to tear it apart, right!! The Paxton instructions had a bunch of holes in it but I took my time and improvised in a couple of places and managed to get the install done over the holidays. What a kick in the pants this setup gave the car. It added 150 HP to the motor and it really wakes the car up.

Steve Rowe: the next track day is March 5th at Little Talladega Grand Prix and your'e
invited to come. Can't say I didn't keep you in the loop!

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Lynn_Keen said:

I like that area, and your closer to get out of fl now :)

oh hello Lynn! hope you two are doing good!

Tom

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Tom<
Been awhile buddy! Post a picture of that GT for me. Been three years now without two wheels. Seems weird!

Steve, track day got moved to April 17 but I noticed thats the dates for STC, oh well.

tmgs said:
I'm a ford guy since a kid, (used to race a few and did a ton of performance work on race cars back then,

about sept my decided she wanted a new "muscle car" drove the Vette, Camaro SS, SRT8 challenger and the new GT, she fell in love with the GT, so she now has a 2011 Race Red GT 401a convertible, it has the black leather interior with the seat stripe, nav, sync, backup cam, power everything comfort package, heck the thing is about as loaded as her Eclass mercedes was,
all we have had time to do so far is add the California special lwr valance and fog lights to it, she wants it a bit louder now though so exhaust is next, a programmer and a few other little mods, I almost had her talked into the supercharger for it for she does drive about 90 miles a day, any how, they did a fine job on the new stang, she wants the boss but they are not going to make it in a convertible......and for us to buy a 2012 boss for fun is well, kind of silly unlkess we unload about 5-7 bikes a couple jeeps and the buold a shop for me to work on it in, (my old hot rod days are starting to haunt me again (or give me a real itch to get a car to race again)

anyhow have fun at the tracks!

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
johnrehder said:
Hey Tom<
Been awhile buddy! Post a picture of that GT for me. Been three years now without two wheels. Seems weird! .
I bet it does, wee really haven'tt rode since sept, Karen was hit on GA 400 and is just now getting back to wanting to ride again, bike needs to go to the shop now to get repaired, I'll post som epics of her GT in a bit I need to swap em to this computer

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
johnrehder said:
Hey Tom<
Been awhile buddy! Post a picture of that GT for me. Been three years now without two wheels. Seems weird!
here ya go a few pics of it, she loves it! there is also a before and after of the CS lower valance and lights

Attachments

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Tom, did you get my message?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts