BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mosquito ridge behind Forest hill and out to Wentworth spring road & Georgetown.... any one ridden it yet this spring ?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump bump .... want to ride this Sunday

Anyone even have a clue ?????????

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
motorhead said:
Bump bump .... want to ride this Sunday

Anyone even have a clue ?????????

I have a clue, but no idea about the road and I'll by a vowel...Besides, THAT is a terrible twisty road that would be terrible for a new set of tires.... :wave :histerica :D

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shoswell said:
I have a clue, but no idea about the road and I'll by a vowel...Besides, THAT is a terrible twisty road that would be terrible for a new set of tires.... :wave :histerica :D
Rub -a - dub -dub new skins need a good scrub ;)
Should be out of Uncle Marks by noon or so, Brian and myself need a few hour ride from the granite bay side of town back to eldo county .... Mosquito ridge is PERFECT !!
Sounds like we just need to find out first hand ... Ah we have a plan.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Rode it Saturday to Hell Hole, Ice House and back. It is open and ready.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes, it is open.

edit : Opps, echo in here. lol

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
I like this…. Motorhead asked the question for a ride plan last Sunday and everyone chimes in today…a short bus is missing a few somewhere :rotf: :rotf:

Well I guess some sort of ride report would be nice. At the last minute I joined Halzee and Motorhead on a little tire-buffing journey. Started off in Granite Bay (Thanks Uncle Mark for the shoe changes!) and made our way up to Forest Hill for lunch. Dropped down Mosquito ridge ( F*ck those tar snakes were a be’och!) a bit and then off on some no name (at least to me) roads. All I knew is I liked the nice parts which were most of the way and Motorhead kept us going in the right direction with the “stay to the right at the split” at almost every intersection. Ended up on Wentworth Springs Road back out to Georgetown then on home. All in all it was a great time on some roads that I would never have found if not for Motorhead. And almost no cage traffic!!!! :D

Mental note to self: Even with the Ohlins tight, you can still bottom out the beast!!! HARD! :bmw:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Wentworth Springs is open to Ice House now as well. I know you didn't ask but I'm trying to stay ahead this time. :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
shoswell said:
Dropped down Mosquito ridge ( F*ck those tar snakes were a be’och!)

Mental note to self: Even with the Ohlins tight, you can still bottom out the beast!!! HARD! :bmw:
Funny, I ran it on my Harley last week and never had a problem. Of course, I did not hit the pot holes ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts