BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I ordered a Cal Sci windshield for my RT. I really wanted the Cal Sci because that is what I installed on my FJR and really loved it.
I received the windshield about a week or so ago and installed it that very night. Got on the bike, took a short 2 hour trip around town and loved it. That weekend I hit the interstate and loved it also. It is a great windshield.
When I got back home I noticed that there was a crack coming from the middle screw hole over to the opening.
I thought oh no.
Well I decided to call Cal Sci and just test the waters to see what they might say. Talked with this cat by the name of Mark. What did he say in reply "I'm dropping you another in the mail tomorrow", can you believe this guy?
He said "this one is on me, don't tighten that middle screw so tight and make sure that the windshield is not dempleing in at the center screw". Can you believe how nice this guy is and how he stand behind his product.
He has my business from here on out.
Oh yes, another thing, no distortion looking thru the shield.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great service!

Do you have a hyperlink to their site that you can share?
Also, is it larger than stock?

Thanks

rlv said:
A couple of weeks ago I ordered a Cal Sci windshield for my RT. I really wanted the Cal Sci because that is what I installed on my FJR and really loved it.
I received the windshield about a week or so ago and installed it that very night. Got on the bike, took a short 2 hour trip around town and loved it. That weekend I hit the interstate and loved it also. It is a great windshield.
When I got back home I noticed that there was a crack coming from the middle screw hole over to the opening.
I thought oh no.
Well I decided to call Cal Sci and just test the waters to see what they might say. Talked with this cat by the name of Mark. What did he say in reply "I'm dropping you another in the mail tomorrow", can you believe this guy?
He said "this one is on me, don't tighten that middle screw so tight and make sure that the windshield is not dempleing in at the center screw". Can you believe how nice this guy is and how he stand behind his product.
He has my business from here on out.
Oh yes, another thing, no distortion looking thru the shield.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
calsci.com - Great MC Resource

Actually I've found the entire site at CalSci is quite informative, especially for those of us "less informed". Awesome job IMHO. Take some time and explore. You might find something useful...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great site!

Thanks for the site John-It is great....
It appears that Tigard BMW even sells them (I assume that since their sister store is listed).
I should have known that I'd get a great tip from a fellow officer (I'm retired from that line of work, but had almost 20 years in)

I'll let you know how it turns out.

motorman587 said:

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Yes they are great to deal with. I ordered one, put it on, rode with it a little and decided I preferred the CeeBailey that I already had.

I called them and they said "no problem, sorry you didn't like, send it back we'll refund it" and they did immediately.

I wish all businesses would be like that!!! :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
The info on the site was great.
I will definitely try one of these.

Thanks !!
-Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts