BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya fellas,
just thought i'd say hello, I bought a 2002 K1200LT SE yesterday after reading bits and bobs on this site, i have to say, this site is absolutely packed with top class info. Was very daunting driving the LT away from the dealer for the first time, but a few hours later, I was loving it :)

·
Premium Member
3,125 Posts
I know the feeling. The dealer I bought mine from was at the top of a blind hill, on a BUSY road and I had to make a left! Man I was a bit worked up over it. Waited and took off and as soon as I crossed the lane and got her pointed the way I wanted to go I was relieved.

As you said though, an hour or two later and all was well.

Enjoy your ride I know I love mine so far.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Welcome to the site! The LT is an amazing motorcycle once you get used to its ways.

If it had not been for the info and tech support on this site, I don't think I would have bought one.

The collective wisdom and willingness to network and help, that is available here, is fantastic!

Hope you enjoy the experience! :)

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Welcome Shimmy, from just up the road near Darlington. There are quite a few LT's in the York area, a few of them also post on this site.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Howdy from Florida.

Enjoy it and welcome here.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Hello Shimmy! Glad you are part of the group - I can't think of a question I've ever had that I haven't been able to get answered here.

Be sure to let us know how you get along, ok?

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Welcome to our world Shimmy! Like so many others have already said, this site is just one of the great things about your new ride. And I will second the point that was made by Avrill about having the collective wisdom available at a keystroke's notice as one of the reason's for going with the LT. I must have lurked for a good month back in 2000 before taking the plunge. And the knowledge of the group has grown tremendously since then!

Plus you are going to love the ride!

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts