BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.... just had a great time running thru your pics and narratives in the Gallery forum. I highly recommend everyone take a gander in there. 'Tween the resurrection of Randi's ride and turning it into a trike; the inner-engine work; plus all the neat stuff on your IBA and long distance rides; plus farklelizing the V-Strom, I had an enjoyable time reviewing it all. Thanks for sharing, Ernie.

BTW, can I have your garage when you're thru with it!!!!???? :bmw: ;)

·
IBR# 366
16,549 Posts
Yeah, he's been a busy boy. :)

But sorry to say, I got dibs on the shop. :D

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Dick said:
.... just had a great time running thru your pics and narratives in the Gallery forum. I highly recommend everyone take a gander in there. 'Tween the resurrection of Randi's ride and turning it into a trike; the inner-engine work; plus all the neat stuff on your IBA and long distance rides; plus farklelizing the V-Strom, I had an enjoyable time reviewing it all. Thanks for sharing, Ernie.

BTW, can I have your garage when you're thru with it!!!!???? :bmw: ;)
Thanks Dick. The shop is so much fun to have. The engine rebuild is a fun challenge. We should be getting the rest of our parts in two weeks and start the reassembly process. My goal is to do all I can to support keeping the "Flyin' Brick" LT's affordable and on the road a long time. Not all of us will be able to afford the new six cylinder or even want one.

The VStrom was one of the most fun projects I've undertaken. It took me a solid week from start to finish; heck the road light brackets were about 11 hours all by them selves! It was a challenge and I truly love the bike. I was looking at the F800GS yesterday and scheming on ways to Farkle one of those bad boys. I might make that my next Dual Sport challenge. I wrote an intro to ADV riders in the "Beasts" Forum which can be found here outlining my adventure in Farkling and first ride three weeks ago.

Meese has a point with inheriting the shop. He is after all my adopted younger brother, and I have to leave him something in the will. :D

·
IBR# 366
16,549 Posts
ErnieA said:
and I have to leave him something in the will. :D
You mean besides Pauline? :D

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
meese said:
You mean besides Pauline? :D
I'm leaving Pauline to you in the will? I had better ask her 'cause she might have something else in mind. Besides, unless Dayle wants to do all of the cookin' and cleanin' I'm sure that arrangement would never work out.
:rolleyes:

·
IBR# 366
16,549 Posts
I'm not saying anything is definite, but a classy lady like that sure would have some options. :D

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
meese said:
I'm not saying anything is definite, but a classy lady like that sure would have some options. :D
But she would have to want those options to benefit her. Just sayin'...
;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts