BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Tks guys! I'm thinking a Blizzard B-Day cake will do! :) And maybe a ride out to the Coast. Coast Guard Astoria is having an Open House tomorrow, so who knows.

John

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Happy Birthday, John. :wave Did you go to the Coast Guard Station? How was the Blizzard cake. It didn't melt from the heat of all those candles, did it? :histerica I hope you had a great day!

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Hi Lee! yeah, we took the LT out to the Coast Guard Open House along with Art & Marcia. The weather was perfect: mid 60's up to almost 70 on the ride home. And the Blizzard cake did not melt since we had it stored in the freezer back at the house while we were out riding!

John & Howard, as you can deduce, we had a Great B-Day here, Tks for the good wishes everyone!

John
Lee510 said:
Happy Birthday, John. :wave Did you go to the Coast Guard Station? How was the Blizzard cake. It didn't melt from the heat of all those candles, did it? :histerica I hope you had a great day!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Sorry I missed your Birthday John. Best wishes anyway!!!

Hope to see you folks soon.

Dan

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,182 Posts
Happy Belated Birthday John!!!
Ahhhh... Being 29 again...! :rolleyes::D

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
How did you know my age Gilles? great guess though!!!

Tks for the wishes folks,

John
zippy_gg said:
Happy Belated Birthday John!!!
Ahhhh... Being 29 again...! :rolleyes::D

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here I thought the Blizzard cake didn't melt cause you HAD to consume it right away!!! Glad it was a great day/ride, John.

Denny

AlaskaFish said:
Hi Lee! yeah, we took the LT out to the Coast Guard Open House along with Art & Marcia. The weather was perfect: mid 60's up to almost 70 on the ride home. And the Blizzard cake did not melt since we had it stored in the freezer back at the house while we were out riding!

John & Howard, as you can deduce, we had a Great B-Day here, Tks for the good wishes everyone!

John

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Tks John! Blizzard cakes are not really reccomended by my Dr. but I didn't care on my B-Day! It was great!

Long time no speak buddy. How are things going on your end these days?

John
RdcrzR said:
Happy belated b-day from me too. Sounds like you did it right!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Thanks for asking. Was able to make it back to God's country by last Christmas (barely), and doin' better every day.

They keep us going back to Palo Alto VA periodically to recheck everything and see if I'm having any signs of rejection, and only once - in May - did they find any problem. Fortunately they were able to wipe out the antibodies with some massive blood scrubbing down there, then following up with a chemo-like set of infusions up here at PDX. Since then, my strength is getting much better, color is back, and I don't have to even use a cane to walk!

We've moved to a better house in Salem; from NE to SE, and actually have some trees for shade.

Haven't done any more with my "Beast", so it's been around 4 years since I changed fluids, removed the battery and put her up on blocks. (Other than having her towed to our new digs. But still have hopes to get riding again after my legs get stronger - maybe next summer.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
That sounds like great news John! And if you need any help with that LT just remember, Salem is only an hour away. Give us a ring if we can help.

John
RdcrzR said:
Thanks for asking. Was able to make it back to God's country by last Christmas (barely), and doin' better every day.

They keep us going back to Palo Alto VA periodically to recheck everything and see if I'm having any signs of rejection, and only once - in May - did they find any problem. Fortunately they were able to wipe out the antibodies with some massive blood scrubbing down there, then following up with a chemo-like set of infusions up here at PDX. Since then, my strength is getting much better, color is back, and I don't have to even use a cane to walk!

We've moved to a better house in Salem; from NE to SE, and actually have some trees for shade.

Haven't done any more with my "Beast", so it's been around 4 years since I changed fluids, removed the battery and put her up on blocks. (Other than having her towed to our new digs. But still have hopes to get riding again after my legs get stronger - maybe next summer.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Thanks, Bud; We're SO HAPPY just that I'm still around to enjoy the Great PNW. I'll keep your offer in mind for the future.

(...the 'other') John

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.