BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to use the GS-911 to change the engine delay time for the shift interval between each gear.
If I shift from 1st to 2nd at an rpm below 2500 it shifts smooth and the same is true with 2nd to 3rd. If you try to shift from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd @ 3000 rpm or higher it damn near throws you into the handle bars because the engine delay is set way too long. I pretty much use 4000 rpm as my shift point for all my gear shifts and 3rd to 4th to 5th to 6th are smooth as butter in fact you hardly feel the shift. Is there any way to change the engine delays or is this something the BMW geniuses have to address with a program update.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
No. The up shift auto device works best at higher rpm levels and leaving the throttle open and aggressive. The 1-2 shift is mechanically longer than the other shifts and the ignition delay is a tight fit. I think if you ride a little more aggressively while using this device it will work better for you. Otherwise use the clutch for short shifting (which anything below 4000 and not accelerating I consider short shifting).

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. The up shift auto device works best at higher rpm levels and leaving the throttle open and aggressive. The 1-2 shift is mechanically longer than the other shifts and the ignition delay is a tight fit. I think if you ride a little more aggressively while using this device it will work better for you. Otherwise use the clutch for short shifting (which anything below 4000 and not accelerating I consider short shifting).
With that assumption that I don't ride aggressively enough, then why do the 1-2 and 2-3 shift do the same thing, but not as violent @ 7200 RPM with WOT ?

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Pretty much the nature of the beast. My K has similar reactions. I only use the shift at high rpm 3-4 and medium high after that. Never use it 1-2 or 2-3

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I seldom do WOT, but it is fun. I always forget to do the last 25% because I'm already whipping it and going darn fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts