BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a little spin which reminded me to post a little problem of mine (actually, 2):
When coming out of turns in 2nd gear, I get a "hesitation". It feels like the engine is losing all of its power until I open the throttle a little more - then the hesitation kicks off and it accelerates fine. Sometimes from stoplights, etc, I get hesitation in 2nd & even 3rd. It doesn't always happen. I searched under the seat for this brown wire but found no such thing anywhere in the region unless it's hidden VERY well. I use 89 oct (silver/midgrade) since that's what the gas compartment cover says - intermediate 91.
Also, when I open her up really hard, which is not very often [I swear], at 7-8k rpms I get a considerable puff of smoke. I don't know if the 2 problems are in kahoots with each other.
I just had the 12k service so I know all the fluids are full & clean (I checked them out too) - what's the problem?

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
rjhammetter said:
I just got back from a little spin which reminded me to post a little problem of mine (actually, 2):
When coming out of turns in 2nd gear, I get a "hesitation". It feels like the engine is losing all of its power until I open the throttle a little more - then the hesitation kicks off and it accelerates fine. Sometimes from stoplights, etc, I get hesitation in 2nd & even 3rd. It doesn't always happen. I searched under the seat for this brown wire but found no such thing anywhere in the region unless it's hidden VERY well. I use 89 oct (silver/midgrade) since that's what the gas compartment cover says - intermediate 91.
Also, when I open her up really hard, which is not very often [I swear], at 7-8k rpms I get a considerable puff of smoke. I don't know if the 2 problems are in kahoots with each other.
I just had the 12k service so I know all the fluids are full & clean (I checked them out too) - what's the problem?
On the 'considerable puff of smoke --- I found this in the HoW pages. And also, from the HoW pages, here is some info about the hesitation 'feature'. HTH.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Could be the brown wire but my 02 only did that when it was very warm outside and I noticed mostly in first and second, but that could be just the difference in our driving habits.
I looked for the brown wire a couple of times with no success until I got real determined, its on the right side along the frame tube under the drivers seat wiring harness and it's just a little one inch loop.
I don't know what would be the source of the smoke?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts