BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It has only been a few thousand miles since I had a major service done.

Upon throttle up from a stop the motor hesitates above 2000 RPM and occasionally pops.

All fluids were changed. They did not think the air or fuel filter needed to be changed. I did have the complete set of speigler brake lines replaced during that service.

This just started in the last 50 miles after a fuel fill. So I as a start drained nearly all the fuel and will refuel with a primum tomorrow (5/30/17).

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Well, if it is bad fuel, maybe some water, your fuel filter does not like water in the paper element. You seem to have some suspicions.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could not change the condition by using a known good fuel. I had to resort to the dealer and drop it off this morning. First indication is fuel pressure/pump/filter....

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,989 Posts
The problem was a cracked fuel line inside the tank. Both the small lines on each side of the filter needed to be replaced. It is running better than ever.
I replace my fuel lines every 5 years now.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I replace my fuel lines every 5 years now.
I put in the EME nylon lines so I hope I don't have to deal with them ever again unless I damage them on a filter replacement.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I love these bikes when they are up and running! Glad you got it figured out and are back on the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts