BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the BEST dealer experience of my life today.

We were out for a ride and ended up stopping in just to see what was going on.

Well first the place was redone and is just beautiful! BMW and Triumph shall never meet. The made the building so one of the brands was on each end and various areas in between. Just a really nice setup.

So anyway my bike is a 15. It has not had a computer hooked to it since the 600 mile back in 15.

So I ask Service hey how much would you charge me to update my bike. He quoted me a price I just could not believe it was so nice. So my next question is well can you do it for me now. He says yea we will do it for you.

So they updated my bike from all 15 software to all 17 software. All 9 modules needed updated. They then took it out to do the transmission relearn and gave me the print out of updates and my very reasonable bill.

If you want a honest, courteous, well educated service and sales see these guys for sure. I will drive the distance no matter what work I need from this day forward.

You can find them here:
https://hermys.com/

·
Registered
95 Posts
Lee - did the dealer tell you what the software updates did? Can you tell any differences with the running/operation of the bike?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lol. My lengthy letter to Hermys management last week started the same way. The BEST dealership experience of my life.

I bought a 2018 RT from them last week and it was almost surreal how well I was treated.

These guys are the best. Period.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I can second Hermy's accolades. I bought my 2011 R1200RT in January of 20013 from Hermy's. Not sure the salesman is still there but I think his name was Tom? Anyway, the reason this story is a little unusual is, that as I recall, on the day I picked up the bike there was a foot of snow on the ground and the temp was around 20 degrees. To further complicate the occasion, I live in Florida! So, how did all this happen? Well, I was shopping for a new bike, specifically an RT, having just sold my 2005 LT and stumbled across this very low mileage bike while surfing the internet. After contacting Hermy's and requesting and receiving additional photos and service history we did the dealer/customer dance via telephone and arrived at a final sales price. The price was more than fair and I assume may have been influences by the fact that bike sales in PA in January are a bit slow! I forwarded them my deposit, hitched up my enclosed cargo trailer to the Ford F150 4X4, loaded the luggage, the wife, and dog and drove up to PA. Oh yea, it doesn't hurt that we have family that lives about 50 north of Harrisburg. Anyway, the day after arriving in PA we drove down to Hermy's to pick up the bike. When we arrived they had the bike staged and ready to go with a fresh service. Every one at the dealership was extremely accommodating and more than happy to answer all my questions and give me a full introduction to all the features on the bike. They threw in a couple of shirts and hats for my wife an I and loaded and tied down the bike. Probably one of the best bike purchasing experiences I've had in my 50+ years of bike ownership. The only think missing from this adventure was the TEST RIDE! Too much ice and snow on the road!:smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts