BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had Hyper lights installed not a big deal it's a 09 LT now when I turn on my bikes stereo the right hand channel works but the Left hand channel doesn't until you squeeze the brake handle LOL.... My wobbling goblin is developing a weird personality.

Anyone run into this?

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Why, yes, of course! It's called 5.1 surround sound! ;)

I think it's time to start over with the Hyperlight installation before your VERY expensive motronics get cooked. I can guarantee you they won't cover your bike under warranty if your dealer sees the Hyperlight install. :wow:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Remember, electrical current always follows the path of least resistance, which is not necessarily the intended path. Farkle installers also tend to follow the path of least resistance, which again, is not necessarily the intended path.

Like Ron says, better start over before other unintended electrical paths are created.

Oh, and also remember, all electronic components contain smoke. If you let the smoke out, they cease to work. It is usually very difficult and expensive to replace the smoke.

-Scott

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
+1 on what Ron said. I'd completely remove the Lites, and see if that fixes it.

If that didn't fix it, I might be tempted to take it in for service without any Lites on it... :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts