BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Good Ones Seem to Die Young

But I guess if we're old, what does that say about us ? ? ? ?

Thanks Deacon, Awesome footage.

What do you know about Oberg? He reminds me of a former Texan Stevie-Ray.

Love to find an acoustic Jimi album

·
Registered
353 Posts
In the summer of 1968, 6 of us friends went to Baton Rouge to see Jimi Hendrix play at Independence Hall. First show was at seven, next show was at 11, I think. We went to the early show, and afterwards we went to the hotel next door, wandering around as kids will do. We were all about 16.

A bell hop asked us out of the blue, "Are you looking for Jimi's room?"

"uh...well, yeah!"

He gave us the room number, and we rode the elevator up, knocked on the door. Blonde chick opens the door and marijuana smoke (I've been told what it smells like, ok? A sickening, sweet smell, right? That's what they say. Anyway...) and incense came pouring out of the room, which was lit with red light bulbs.

"Is Jimi here?" I asked, because there was nothing much else to say.

"Just a second." She goes back into the room (dragging her ass in annoyance is more like it). Jimi Hendrix comes to the door. We tell him how much we liked the show. He shook all our hands, and smiled and joked a bit, and that was that. But not really, because the story never wears out.

T.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
The legendary Jimi Hendrix. Saw him twice. What would he be like now, after the years had mellowed the raw fire and anger that propelled him in the early years? Still one of my favorites.
Mike

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Yes indeed! Jimi's version of "All along the watchtower" is still on my all time favorites list. It still gives me goose bumps...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts