BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My recently acquired 2008 GS came with the HB Crash and Tank bar. I want to add lights and I notice that HB makes a complete light set that matches the holes already drilled in the tank protector. Pretty reasonable price ($139) for a complete kit.

That said, I have been searching and not found any feedback on the performance of these lights anywhere.

Basically, I want to augment the low beam performance to an acceptable level. I don't expect flamethrowers at this price.

As an alternate, I was considering the Lazer bullet lights with an Eastern Beaver harness - these were tops in a Motorcycle Consumer Reports comparo a while back, and not terribly expensive.

Anyone have any feedback on either????

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FWIW

I decided to try the HB lights and placed an order with the only US vendor that sells them - A&S.

I received an order confirmation stating they were out of stock, and would need to be ordered from Germany, taking 4 to 6 weeks.

Although I certainly won't be doing much riding for the next few months, I decided to cancel the order, rather than wait that long for a product I couldn't get any feedback on.

I will probably use Lazer Star Bullets - even though the chrome won't exactly look in place on my GS!

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
Why did you use a "thumbs down" icon on your initial post?

You were searching for info and it appears (from the icon) you had negative experience with the subject topic even before you had any responses.

just wunderin . . .

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clicking error on my part..... I had intended to use the question mark icon - don't know how I messed up, and there's no changing it.....

Bottom line,

Dumb!

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
We are . . . but humans!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts