BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on this site know a Mark Bisnette? I have a problem with a purchase from the forum classifieds and can not get him to answer my e-mails. I think he is from the North Carolina area. Thanks to all for your help.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
roadking04 said:
Does anyone on this site know a Mark Bisnette? I have a problem with a purchase from the forum classifieds and can not get him to answer my e-mails. I think he is from the North Carolina area. Thanks to all for your help.
THAT guy??? You bought something from THAT GUY??? Oh my gosh.....

:histerica

·
Premium Member
7,677 Posts
cccpastorjack said:
THAT guy??? You bought something from THAT GUY??? Oh my gosh.....

:histerica

Do we need a HOS (Hall of Shame) in addition to the HOW?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
We need something done where if you buy a item from a fellow member you would think it would be an honest buy. I purchased a rear tire and rim for my 06 LT Just to have a new rear tire available if needed. Paid 300.00 plus shipping. Ad look like a great buy. Advertised as new take off to trike a LT. received wheel looked good no scratches. Tire looks a liitle more warned than new. E-mailed Mark he said he thought maybe 3000 miles. No big deal until I mounted the rim and tire,(Bridgestone 020)and went for a test ride..I could hear a roaring sound that sounded like when your front tire wears and you go into a curve.Went back home looked and looked. everything tight Went for another ride with a old half helmet and could definately tell coming from rear. Rode to BMW shop for a quick look see. Sure enough, if you look at rim dead on or flat looks okay. Stand behind or directly over it when dismounted yoy can see where it had hit a pot-hole or something and pusded the rim out some on both sides. Put my origanal tire and rim back on and no roar. have been trying to get intouch with mark ever since but wont respond to any E-mails andn like a fool I did not get a phone number. Lesson Learned.

73 Honda SL 125
75 Honda Tm 250
76 Susuki PE 175
78 Husky WR 175
81 Honda 750 F
83 Honda 750 Intercepter
90 Honda Intercepter
2001 Kawasaki Nomad
2004 Harley RoadKing
2006 BMW 1200 LT
2011 BMW 1600 GTL (asap)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well let me know if you put a posse together I am in. LOL :histerica

·
Just ridin'
5,297 Posts
roadking04 said:
We need something done where if you buy a item from a fellow member you would think it would be an honest buy.
The vast majority of transactions between members here are unquestionably ethical and honest. We certainly cannot guarantee that all members are legit, but most are safe. You can do some diligence and make sure the classified ad is posted by a member who is currently active on the forums. If the member is not currently active or has very few posts, I would recommend a phone conversation before purchasing and making your payment through a method that offers some sort of purchaser/seller protection.

If any of you are burned by a person posting in our classifieds, send me a PM with their username, date of purchase and explanation of the problem you had. While we cannot become involved further than disallowing them to post an ad again, we can at least contact them through their registered email account and/or remove them from our membership.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I have seen rims slightly bent that are still serviceable. I am guessing that the tire is making more noise than anything to do with the rim. You may want to try a new tire on that rim and see what happens then.

I have a spare rear rim that i got off ebay and know how handy that can be....especially if you change your own tires.

Ron

·
Registered
910 Posts
FWIW, I have had great feedback with the members here. No problems buying anything ... yet.

good luck there..

·
Registered
929 Posts
Randy said:
The vast majority of transactions between members here are unquestionably ethical and honest. We certainly cannot guarantee that all members are legit, but most are safe. QUOTE]

I have bought items on four different occasions and one was an LT--never had any problems! Sorry for your problems though...

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I too have made 4 purchases from the classified with only one snafu. My fault. I bought liners for the cases and told the guy I would send him a certified check then sent him the $ via PayPal which was his first choice method of payment. Didn't write to tell him and then the stuff didn't come in the mail! Duh! Dropped him a quick note telling him I used PayPal and shipment was on my door step in 2 days.

Like many I am somewhat addicted to this forum and ya kind of get a feel for whether the person on the other end is legit. All my purchases have been from long standing active members.

Sorry about your possible loss.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Actually...I was intrested in the tire...till I looked at the picture close. You can see the indent in the rim on the bottom. :wave

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Bought my LT off a forum member...and he ain't gettin' it back! :bmw:

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
You,know, It's summer and the guy could just be on vacation or some other crap...

Maybe he's in Jail....

I hope you can get this worked out. A used tire is a USED tire as far as I'm concerned...

As for the rim... Take your 5lb sledge to it and straighten it out...

What was this guys username ?

That will get you farther than anything...

John

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have tried just trying to get to talk to the guy to see if he even knew, but but no response. He first told me the tire and rim was a new take off for a BMW trike.. I am not 100% sure but the tire and rim I received did not look the same as far as tread wear. A few weeks later he posted another tire and rim with the same ad description. So live and learn. I have purchased items from the forum and sold also with no problems.Golfguy I just wish I would of checked it out better if you saw it in the picture or he should of disclosed it also.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Razmataz said:
Bought my LT off a forum member...and he ain't gettin' it back! :bmw:
Same here. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts