BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After bypassing the ABS, now it seems that I have missed something because my dash is on and the tail light is on and it drained my battery obiviously I have missed something electrical when buttoning back up. Does anyone have a clue what I could have missed? I just had a carpal tunnel surgery yesterday and don't look forward of removing the tupperware again, was hoping someone can point me to a starting point thanks

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,534 Posts
OK I see I helped you solve the one warning light that was still going by grounding pin 10. So how did you do that? Cut the wire off of pin 10 and find a brown wire to tie it to?

Reactions: Uneasy_Ryder

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK I see I helped you solve the one warning light that was still going by grounding pin 10. So how did you do that? Cut the wire off of pin 10 and find a brown wire to tie it to?
I just grounded it to the frame. Is that where I went wrong?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,534 Posts
It is possible as BMW does not use the frame as a normal ground return, weird things can happen. I can't see a reason in the wiring diagrams for this to cause the dash to light up and the brake light to be on. One more question, when you bypassed the brake lines you left the ABS unit mounted and hooked up correct? If so I would pull that connector back off and tie that Brown/Yellow wire you cut from pin 10 to the brown wire on pin 30. Also when you cut the wire there is a ABS side and a bike side, connect the bike side to the brown wire at pin 30.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right away I see that I did a couple things wrong I grounded from the abs side, and grounded straight to the bike. As soon as I can get my hand out of bandages I will give your suggestions ago, Thanks so much for the guidance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts