BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating finally certifying a SS1000 and was curious as to what routes you might suggest leaving from Sacramento (Lodi). I have looked at West Wendover and back, or Eugene, Or and back, but really don't want to spend all of my time on the slab. Any suggestions? Anyone want to tag along?
Ray

·
Senior Member (ret.)
10,857 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have done one going up past Eugene (Halsey, OR) and back on I-5, not too bad for all interstate, and I've gone to Portland, then Pendleton, then Boise for 1000 and then home for another 500 the next day for a combined saddlesore/bunburner. Again, not too bad until you get to Jordan Valley, then it sucks until you are way past Reno. John Flowers (amarider) has a route of 1000 miles that goes to Fernley then south to Death Valley and then back north, I'm not sure of the exact route but the general idea of it looks good.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LodiHal said:
Ray, check out this thread about the Blue Butt Rally...

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19366
Hal,
Thanks. I saw that but am in Alaska that week on my honeymoon.
I have ridden between Denver and Sac 6 times; not fun, but not too bad either. I don't mind riding in the desert; very serene for me. I was also thinking about riding on Hwy 50, but will need to do more research. Am planning on a September/October ride so the weather will become important. I appreciate everyone's input.
Ray

·
Registered
482 Posts
If you are doing it in September I might be interested in going along. Send me a PM when you have a specific date.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gr8fulfred said:
If you are doing it in September I might be interested in going along. Send me a PM when you have a specific date.
Fred:
Will do. Will have to talk to John about his route; very interesting. The only weekend I have in September is the 22-23. Will let you know as I find out more.
Ray

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ray

Take a look at US. #50 out of Fernley to Ely, then US. #93 north to I-80.

I really enjoy #50 every time I ride it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts