BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me with information on the removal of the handle shown in the attached picture as number 2?

I have removed all the screws that I can find and it still will not remove from the bag.

Are there hidden screws? Does the lock and latch have to come off first? If so, how?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
If I remember you have to take the screws out under the latch that slides out to open.I think there are about 5-6 screws holding this item onto the bag. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Hollywood said:
Can someone please help me with information on the removal of the handle shown in the attached picture as number 2?

I have removed all the screws that I can find and it still will not remove from the bag.

Are there hidden screws? Does the lock and latch have to come off first? If so, how?

Thanks!
I don't have my shop manual handy, butt I coulda sworn there are some pop rivets along that handle/lock assembly. I've got that particular piece down at my storage place and I'l take a look at it - may be tamale before I get there, tho. Someone else with experience should pop ( :rolleyes: ) in here before then - I hope.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Side Case handle

Actually there are 8 screws that hold the handle on, I have attached a little better diagram than the one you have, it shows the location of all the fasteners once all 8 of the screws are removed you should find the handle will lift right off

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
jdunique said:
Actually there are 8 screws that hold the handle on, I have attached a little better diagram than the one you have, it shows the location of all the fasteners once all 8 of the screws are removed you should find the handle will lift right off
Hey, James - thanks for that. I just got my manual out this morning and took a look - I wuz wrong about the pop rivets. Don't know why I had them fixed in my mind, butt they're only for removing the side case lid; not the handle item. My bad --- love that egg nog, tho!!! :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Side Case handle

Dick
God bless the NOG! It had been quite a while since I had removed one of these I had to go look to jar my memory!
Merry Christmas!:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts