BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All

Got myself one of these, a Wunderlich cruise control ....

http://www.wunderlich.de/images/Serv...166120_eng.pdf

Now the instructions state that to fit is as simple as pie, just remove the original bar end and put this baby on. Either I'm missing something or the idiot guide needs to be more idiot designed...

Tightening the whole assembly just seems to tighten it against the throttle and locks it. Anybody have experience of fitting it to a R1200RT?

All that is included is the bar end and two screws, neither of which seems to make any difference. No washers, not sure if that is maybe the problem but since not included with the kit or instructions would assume not necessary ...

Any help appreciated :confused:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Link didn't work for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, figured it out last night ... removed the washer and bang worked a treat! Must be a universal fit, obviously the R1220RT doesn't need that part. Would have been nice if the instructions had pointed that out :(

·
Registered
110 Posts
Bob1200rtc1 said:
I didn't know R1200RT's came without cruise. Mine has it and it's the cats ass. I wonder if the eom set-up can be retrofitted?
I wish, but no....

2006 was one of the years that didn't come with cruise control, so I added a throttlemeister and then a knurled ring because the meister was too smooth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts