BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got a backrest for the LT. It's exactly the same frame as a Backup,the ones you always see..You know the arched frame with 2 holes in flat tabs that are at an angle.My Question is. Where do you bolt it up to? The front tabs of passenger seat,or the back of the drivers seat? No factory holes or bolts line up.Do you drill holes.Not sure.Help would be grateful... Update. Well. You all were right. it sure don't look like it will line up but i removed passenger seat front bolts.I thought..MAN ..These holes are way off,no way do these go there!!.But i threaded in one bolt on one side in loose.Then kinda pressed on backrest frame and forced the other hole to line up.It's a close fit latching the front seat closed too.But i got it. Thanks to all who chimed in.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Well if its exactly the same as a backup it will drop right into the front bolts for the rear seat, if it doesn't then it isn't exactly the same as a backup

·
Registered
194 Posts
You may have to do some prying with a small pry bar to line up the holes and use longer bolts (I did), but that is where it goes- on the front bolts for the backseat.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
r_figueroa said:
You may have to do some prying with a small pry bar to line up the holes and use longer bolts (I did), but that is where it goes- on the front bolts for the backseat.
there is definitely some effort involved installing, but it is such a back saver....

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jeffklt said:
Well if its exactly the same as a backup it will drop right into the front bolts for the rear seat, if it doesn't then it isn't exactly the same as a backup
Thank you. I got it on .See update.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FrankNitti said:
there is definitely some effort involved installing, but it is such a back saver....
Figured out.Thank You.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
r_figueroa said:
I figured it out. Mucho appreiciated.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Now, all you have to do is to get it properly adjusted for your back. :D

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I used longer bolts and put some spacers between the pax seat and bottom of the BakUp. This raised the backrest up a little higher and gave me more room for adjustment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts