BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last October I purchased a 2003 K1200LT in Florida and rode it home to Durango CO. This winter I pulled out the battery and set in on the workbench with a Deltran battery tender attached. Today is the first day since last Thanksgiving Day that there is not too much snow and ice on my driveway so I was ready to ride. I replaced the battery and turned the ignition switch to on and lo and behold I have an alarm system I never knew I had.

I do not have the remote or key fob with which to disarm the alarm. What can I do. Dang that thing is loud!

I called a BMW dealer in Albuquerque NM but they said without a code number they couldn't help me. What? Can? I? Do?

I want to ride.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I know the way to turn it off using the iginition and the blinking led, which is in the manual, but you would need the code for that...

·
Registered
507 Posts
macmusick said:
I called a BMW dealer in Albuquerque NM but they said without a code number they couldn't help me. What? Can? I? Do?
My LT has has a sticker attached to a frame member under the seat with the code number on it. I also had extra stickers with the alarm code in some of the paper work that came with the bike. Maybe yours does too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply.

Digging through the paper work I found a card with a personal pin code. I will try the procedure described in the manual.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
The card is the "key". This is the code you need.

I lost one of my Fobs and purchased one from Beemerboneyard.

THey had a "few" that they received when a dealership was shut down.

Buy one (or two) and program it per the manual.

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts