BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having an issue getting this bike started.

I thought it was the Fuel Pump but the Fuel Pump runs when I test it.

Then I thought it was the Fuel Pump Module. I created a Fuel Pump Module Jumper Cable where I can give it 12 Volts of Power and it worked! Great news right .....well

I bought a new Fuel Pump Module and installed it into the Bike. I turn on the ignition and nothing happens with the Fuel Pump!!! I then uninstall the Module and try my Jumper Cable and then turn on the ignition and the Fuel System works .... and you can hear it start to run.

So, is the issue that I have two bad Fuel Pump Modules or maybe no power. I tried finding out how to test the Module but no luck. However, when I play around with a meter both of them show resistance so I think they might be ok.

I take my volt meter and check the cable that connects to the Fuel Pump Module and ................. I get no Volts. I turn on and off the Ignition and I get no Volts.

So it could be that I am not getting any power.

However, this is an electrical nightmare to trouble shoot...................

How to find out what is wrong....... can someone help me?

Is there a Fuse or a Relay or something that I can check?

Please give me any and all the help you can give me.

Thank You.

Roger

·
Registered
12 Posts
When you say that it does not work with the new module; do you mean you can’t start the bike or you can’t hear the pump run? Is the new module new? If the bike runs with the jumper then the problem is the module. I know two folks who bypassed their module permanently with no noticed I’ll effect.

You posted this in two forums.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Dumb question, but I’m a dummy, so here goes - you’re getting power to everything else, right? Dash, lights, etc.? Just trying to rule out dead or near-dead battery.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
It sure sounds like the module or the related circuitry to me, since the bike ran when you use your jumper to bypass the FPC module. The question is, how did you make that jumper, in particular, where does your jumper gets it's power? The home-made jumper that is typically used to bypass the FPC module, in the event that you have failure while on the road, takes its power from the plug that is usually plugged into the FPC, and if there are no power there, then it will mean that you have some other problems relating to power being cut off from the fuel system!

The 2 files that I am attaching shows you how to make the FPC bypass jumper, and the whats/whys data behind the FPC failure.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts