BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!
After leaving the bike under the winter sun (yeah, not mad yet: I´m in the southern hemisphere!) a 1´´ spot of water droplets show´d up under the instrument´s panel glass of my 02 LT. Some days ago I cleaned my bike using no pressure (garden hose), also avoiding pouring water on the loudspeakers and instruments panel. Possible causes (?): 1.- I had to remove a lot of dead insect stains from the grey fairing that gets exposed when the windshield is completely up. Had to do the same to the exposed components (pantograph) of it´s mechanism. 2.- After cleaning I turned the bike on and left it on idle for a while: can the steam of the engine have got into the instrument´s panel? Is this to be considered normal??? What should I do?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
only way to get to your instrument panel is to take all the fairing off necessary to get to the dash, and there is 5 or so screws holding the plastic cover over your dash. Get it off and dry it up. I would leave it in the sun for a few days and see if it will evaporate first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts