BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help Requested with '09 Voice Com 2 Intercom

Hello,

Did not see the answer to my question addressed through a search.

The dealer just installed my BMW promotional Voice Comm 2 system yesterday and we are not able to talk via the intercom. That is to say neither one of us can hear the other through the headsets. Here are the particulars and what I know to work:
1) The headsets are the J&M Elite series and I have verified all connections are sound.
2) I am able to hear the radio through the rider audio connection, in both my helmet and my wife's helmet so both sets of speakers and corresponding connections appear sound.
3) My wife is unable to hear the radio through the passenger audio connection as well.

As of now I am going on the assumption, that the passenger audio connection has been installed correctly, but perhaps I am just missing something in the set-up and/or operation. Is there a way I can verify the passenger audio connection integrity? Any assistance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Congrats on your purchase!! ASSUMING the installation was correct, there is a setting on the Voice II in the Oddments box that allows turning off the earspeakers of the passenger. Make sure that is 'ON'. My book is unavailable to me at the moment, but one of the dial settings is for that purpose, allowing the rider to enjoy tunes without waking the passenger. They do think of everything!

There are also settings for earspeaker volume for both rider and passenger, as well as speed-controlled volume for both.

If that does not fix the issue, then there is a connection missing - at the connector? at the harness?

Meanwhile, will try to retrieve the manual (yours did come with the manual, yes?).

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for your input. I found those options and settings and set accordingly without a difference. Also, jgolfer46 responded via PM and was kind enough to look at the settings on his Voice Comm2 and let me know, mine were identical to his. So I was convinced I had set it correctly but either the install is faulty or the unit is bad. I brought it back to the dealer this AM. The tech had already started looking into it while I was signing out a loaner bike, and confirmed the passenger port is not working. So hopefully by later today it will be resolved.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Glad to help! Sounds like you have a great dealer, too! Loaner bike? Wow!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Look at the "radio manual" that came with the bike. You will need to go into the radio pro-
graming itself & shut off the speed sensitive volume control going to the bike mounted
speakers. Your speed sensitive volume control going into your helmet speakers will then be
set by the VOICE II control knob. You should have received a rather sparse manual for
adjusting the VOICE II. Remember, correct translations are not always 100%, so just play
with the adjustments until you're comfortable.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GPSmjs51 said:
Look at the "radio manual" that came with the bike. You will need to go into the radio pro-
graming itself & shut off the speed sensitive volume control going to the bike mounted
speakers. Your speed sensitive volume control going into your helmet speakers will then be
set by the VOICE II control knob. You should have received a rather sparse manual for
adjusting the VOICE II. Remember, correct translations are not always 100%, so just play
with the adjustments until you're comfortable.
Thanks, I saw that in the "sparse" manual and turned it off. Also turned the radio off to intercom only. I am getting ready to head-up to the dealer, sio keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Help Requested with '09 With Voice Com 2, Intercom: Postscript

The dealer determined the Voice Comm unit was bad so they replaced it and all is good now. Thanks for those who have responded.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts