BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing a set of Ohlins on the 05 KLT . I having trouble with mounting the preload adjuster for the rear shock . It seems too long and hits the fram. It will not lay all the way down which causes a problem with the riders seat ,hits the botom of the seat. Maybe some pictures would help .
Mike

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I don't have pics but you'll need to turn the L shaped mount sideways. It seems a little strange but it will fold in just right.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I had the same problem.

Will check the bike tomorrow and let you know how I ended up fitting it.

It goes, but not how Ohlins say it should.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Haven´t checked my bike but I would say that is also the way mine looks.

Regarding this, the instructions are not at all clear, and I wonder if they were written for the pre 05 models.

Let us know how you enjoy the new shocks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Charlie . I did end up turning mine a little to make it fit . How do you like your Ohlins ?
Mike

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
mos said:
Thanks Charlie . I did end up turning mine a little to make it fit . How do you like your Ohlins ?
Mike
I'm very happy with the Ohlins. Unlike many, I didn't notice a "night and day" difference between them and the OEM shocks. What did disappear was the hard jolt that occured when hitting a bump with the OEMs. But the change didn't make the LT "butter smooth" like some had reported but certainly there was all round improvement. I changed the OEMs out at about 40K if I recall correctly.
I also had experienced some wallowing when hard in corners, but that was fixed with a couple of clicks of the rear shock rebound damper. Very easy to adjust BTW, just reach up and turn the rebound adjuster, no disassembly required.
I'm sure you'll love the upgrade, it is a definite improvement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts