BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2003 LT withe the BMW branded J&M comm system. Think that's BC2. Have always had my phone hooked up to it with the BMW 2.5 to 2.5mm cord. All worked well.

Got a new phone. Naturally it has a 3.5mm port instead of 2.5mm. Its an LG ENV Touch. Verizon sold me an adapter cord to go from 3.5 to 2.5 mm. Plugged it in, set phone for auto answer and nothing. Phone rings and picks up, but I don't hear caller in headset.

Adapter cord from Verizon has three bands on the 3.5mm male plug that goes into the phone. The 2.5mm BMW cord that plugs into the adapter cord and the comm system has 2 bands on it. Is this a problem?? Do I need to get an adapter cord that has 2 bands on the plug? If so will this work with the cell phone?

Appreciate any help. Would like this to work before I take off for CCR this next weekend.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Doesn't sound like your phone is going to work...
Maybe you could get a bluetooth adapter. HF-820 or whatever the current model is.
Then you could bluetooth to the phone and from the adapter to the com system with the three conductor plug...

That's the way I do mine.

JOhn

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
With a four conductor plug, It's not likely to be compatible with your three conductor comm system hookup..

I would suggest a HF-820 or whatever the current model is.
Bluetooth to phone and from the Hf-820's three condutor headphone plug to the comm system.

Good Luck

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts