BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost done installing on my 2005 the Bushtec hitch that I got off of eBay late last year. Followed the provided directions - all was going well until the last step where I put the rear license plate "flap" on...on mine, it's secured by 2 T25 screws at the top and at the bottom it's "hinged" - that is, you hold the "flap" at an angle and insert the hook tabs into slots at the bodywork and then pivot up the assembly. I am unable to get the correct angle on the "flap" to get the hook tabs properly inserted - the 2 crisscrossing supports of the hitch appear to be in the way :confused: What am I missing here? TIA

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
You just have to push hard to get the 2 tabs in & you will not be able to get much of a angle on the mud flap but it will go in.

·
Miles of Smiles
1,054 Posts
I shortened the tabs by just a couple of mm's. Did the trick but still holds the plate assembly firmly when in position. :)

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Hilton said:
I shortened the tabs by just a couple of mm's. Did the trick but still holds the plate assembly firmly when in position. :)
+1 - exactly what I did on 3 LT's (actually, transferred the 1st's flap to the 2nd & 3rd LTs). I just eye-balled and trimmed a little bit off the hooks at a time until they entered the slots with the hitch bar in place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts