BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was removing my driver seat today and whild doing so I heard something fall down into the left side. All bolts are acounted for. I do not know what it was. Anyway I have looked in there with a flashlight and see nothing but I know I heard it drop through and never reach the ground. Is there a reason to worry about it? Hard to answer I know.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
LOL..............a wrench maybe? You may have to take the tupperware off the left side to really get a good look. What ever it was may have gone clear down on to the muffler. If it's flamable it might stink. Only you know what you might have layed down in there. Shouldn't be any part of the bike that's loose. Just wires..one to the oxygen sensor and a lead to the heated seat and of course there might be wires for an add on like PIAA lights, however none of that should drop to make a sound. I can only guess what you may have heard.

Anybody throw anything at you??? :bmw:

Good luck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Do the Rock and Roll. Shake it, wiggle it, drive it a short distance, LT's love to hide parts, they usually fall out, if not, forget it, or spend hours worrying, taking it all apart for a 2 cent nut. Oh ya, nothing is that cheap from BMW! :histerica

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
I dropped s screw down inside the tupperware ... found it 8 months later while doing a major service :eek: It wedged itself in a crevice and stayed there till I found it. So I would not worry if you accounted for all tools and loose screws.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I feel better now. Wish I new what it was.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
If you try to start the bike and cannot, it may be because the key is what fell inside...:eek:

·
Registered
938 Posts
zippy_gg said:
If you try to start the bike and cannot, it may be because the key is what fell inside...:eek:
That just made my day!!!!! Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts