BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a Jensen 2212 on my 2005 LT. After cutting the OEM unit out, I was left with a number of wires. I wired my hot, ground and rear speakers. Unfortunately, I cannot locate the "front" wires for the LT. I am on page 618 of the clymers manual. The manual only has the wiring diagram for "rear" speakers. Anyone know where I can find the colors for the front speakers?

THANK YOU.

Glenn

·
Registered
93 Posts
At the OEM radio connector (the big, black square one) there are about 12 active pins (17 total). I removed the metal CD connector from the black connector housing and taped it up. I then cut the black plastic plug off and this is where I connected my radio harness to. On my 2005 LT, this was the schematic legend I verified (primary color/stripe color).

Left Front (-) = YEL/BRN
Left Front (+) = YEL/RED

Right Front (-) = BLU
Right Front (+) = BLU/RED

Left Rear (-) = YEL
Left Rear (+) = YEL/BLU

Right Rear (-) = BLU/GRY
Right Rear (+) = BLU/PUR

BROWN = Chassis GROUND
RED = BATTERY (+) 12VDC - ON ALL THE TIME

I tapped into an 15A ignition switch circuit at one of the fuse blocks under the pillion seat (I think it was a PUR/RED wire). This is what the JMS2212 needs as it does not need constant +12V as most old radios require to maintain memory settings. This is what you need to connect the fused RED wire on the Jensen harness to.

Good luck!

:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts