BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it may be time to sell my high mileage 144K LT. I have the opportunity to pick up another LT and knock down the mileage. My old LT is running so good I’m a little reluctant to sell her. But I ride ‘bout 20K a year, so it may be time to move. Any of you guy that have sold high mileage unit have any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
1)Can you afford to keep it as a spare bike?
2)Do you have room for a second bike?
3)Can you trade it for a totally different bike if you answered Yes for option 2 ?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zippy_gg said:
1)Can you afford to keep it as a spare bike?
2)Do you have room for a second bike?
3)Can you trade it for a totally different bike if you answered Yes for option 2 ?
I got room, but I have a spare bike and I fee the need to sell her.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
bulletbill said:
Ok it may be time to sell my high mileage 144K LT. I have the opportunity to pick up another LT and knock down the mileage. My old LT is running so good I’m a little reluctant to sell her. But I ride ‘bout 20K a year, so it may be time to move. Any of you guy that have sold high mileage unit have any suggestions.
Who said 144k is high mileage? LOL Ride her like you stole it. 132k and about 35k/yr now that I live in FL.

Zeke

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
A dependable LT with only 144K ?
Paint it and you have a new bike.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I sold my 220k '99 with a tired motor for $3,000. All the ads in the usual free sources didn't do it, word of mouth did. Go figure. Be patient, don't expect too much. Since you don't have the motor problems I did, My choice would be to keep running it. You might get 300k out of it, others have.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I'm at 75K and can't see spending the $$ any time soon myself.

Unless you start getting "the nickle and diming to death" feeling, ride her to DUST.

I bet you wouldn't get much on the resale market.

People get well over 200K on them, so that gives you 3 years, maybe the new LT will be out by then!!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK guys the I's have it! I'll ride her like I stole her until she turns to dust.... That sounded liked the most fun anyway.. Anybody out there have a set of used Olins, etc??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts